Things to See and Do
Charlotte County offers some amazing things to see and do.
Check out any of the following:
- Visit the Magaguadavic Center next to hotel. (Seasonal)
- Observe the eagles at Eagles Nest Lookout located at the Lower Gorge, a popular photo location
- Our 15-hole golf course is located just a few minutes from the hotel.St. George Golf Club
- Visit the Outdoor Market located at the Outdoor Information Centre – open air market every Saturday morning.
- Take a swim at Canal Beach (few minutes from hotel) and visit a covered bridge along the way.
- Visit local lighthouses.
- View a lobster pound or herring weir which dot the coastline between Back Bay and Deer Island.
- Take a stroll on our River Boardwalk and visit our “Famous Falls and Gorge”.
- View fish swimming up the fish ladder at the gorge.
- Skate Park
- Granite sculpture trail
- 15 minute drive to famous New River Beach (Provincial Park with lots of hiking trails)
- Whale watching, kayaking, bird watching, scuba diving, beach combing, or hiking.
- View a salmon fish farm site Cooke Aquaculture
- We are North America’s largest exporter of farmed salmon.
- Take a ferry ride to Deer Island, Campobello, or Grand Manan and enjoy a relaxing day.
- 18 hole Signature golf course in St.Andrews
- Visit the famous Fairmont Algonguin resort in St.Andrews.
- Visit Minister’s Island, the summer estate of Sir William Van Horne, the builder of the Canadian Pacific Railway.
- Visit Kingsbrae Garden, 27 acres of flowering plants, shrubs, and trees.
- Enjoy a picnic at Lepreau Falls
- Shopping in St. Andrews is a must, 25 minutes away.
- There are 13 museums in the Charlotte County area where you can explore our Past, Present, and Future.
- View of the the largest whirl-pools in the world, located at Deer Island Point, called the “Old Sow”.